Monday, May 27, 2013

Today is Memorial Day.
Diane Lindsay is visiting.  We have been talking about that deep prayerful connection to the God who is beyond all telling, who is the upwelling of the creative and healthy and joy-filled Spirit.  It is a miracle to have a friend come to visit, to have such a conversation,  to sit on the balcony, to listen to birdsong, to watch the hawks over the redwood trees, to be able to walk on the beach with Isis, and to eat grapefruit which is ripe and juicy! Yesterday Diane played Nana's piano for me-- it is a Chickering, and about 100 years old.  The insides got rebuilt about 15 years ago, by a lovely piano-builder here, named Beth.  It sounds so great!  Diane played my grandmother's songs.  They are also 100 years old, and they belong with this piano.  It is a waking dream, a miracle, that I am here, listening to this music, which I so dearly love.  I am remembering, and I am remembering all the soldiers who have given their lives for our country.  God bless them!  I hope for them a true heaven, a place of infinite fun.  Not just peace, because for some, peace sounds boring.  But for the kind of peace which is fun, and  truly heavenly!  Today I am feeling that grace, which is the joy and peace and miraculous fullness.  I so wish it for everyone, especially for those who have given their lives in service.

No comments: