Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sore legs

Made it to Albergue in Zubiri. New and well-made place-- good mattresses, clean and neat, clothesline and deep sink for washing clothes. Today was like skiing with poles, on a narrow intermediate slope, but with rocks, mud and the feel of a riverbed. The scenery is breathtaking, it is green and lush, and rural. Andy went ahead and faster-- so I walked alone most of the day, and listened to Palestrina on the iPod. This made it joyful, and peaceful. There is no place to mail stuff ahead until Pamplona, tomorrow. Once I clear out my pack I can carry it again. Andy has carried my pack on top of his own both days. He is getting a lot of admiration and compliments, which offset my guilt. We were able to wash a few things today, and there is wi-fi here.

No comments: