Friday, April 27, 2012

The Camino De Santiago de Compostela: 2012

I am intending to occasionally update the blog from the Camino De Santiago De Compostela.   I won't have a lot of time to do email and I am trying to do it as a pilgrimage, going into a deeply meditative place.  SO please excuse the scarcity of material.  Please pray for me.  I will be praying for all of us who are pilgrims, who are wandering but not lost.  I believe we are deeply found in the I/Thou described best by Martin Buber.  I am not taking any books with me, except the journal.  I hope I can remember all the songs I want to be singing, and the things I am hoping to remember to think about.  I am especially going to be thinking about water, soil, air and light.  I am worried about the sacred resources of the Earth, and our stewardship of it.  I am also thinking about death and dying, and loss and aging.  I am carrying my mom and my aunt, who have been lifted up.  I am remembering so many people I have loved, who are on the other side-- Dad, Fr. Fallon, Nana, John Hale, my other relatives and friends.  And some patients.  I believe that the process of trying to become more whole, more coherent, matters.  So I offer that, as the first reflection.  With love, martina

1 comment:

Kathyhume said...

Martina and Andy! YOur pictures and commentary are terrific. Im walking with you. It is even more beautiful than I imagined. Andy, what a hero and a gift you are to be walking with your mom and carrying her pack. The food sounds delish. I knew that first day was treacherous. I'm following your journey from the map in Joyce Rupp's book.

Guardian of my soul,
guide me on my way today.
Keep me safe from harm.
Deepen my relationship with you,
your Earth, and all your family.
Strengthen your love within me
that I may be a presence of your peace
in our world. Amen

Don't forget to walk in a relaxed manner. I'm not feeling that yet from you.

Love,

Kathy and Joyce Rupp