Saturday, April 18, 2009

Photography

Those of you watching my blog for awhile know that I am totally inspired by the work of Thomas Ball, the filmmaker. He has now introduced me over the internet to the work of a marvelous Italian photographer, Luca Campigotto. I tried to paste the website onto this site, but am not sure you can see it, so I am adding this note. Here it is: www.lucacampigotto.com
His work is really interesting, and he has photos from all over the world. I love the ones of Anchor Watt. Crumbling Buddha heads. Also there is a hauntingly lovely one of the ancient coliseum, curved walls of arches. Many marvelous ones of Venice, and the large boats, and the equipment of massive movement of things onto and off of boats. Check it out!!
Also, if you have never looked at the Venetian Red website, the current show being discussed by the author, Liz Hager, is a lovely mobile by an Indian lady artist. It is birdlike, and interesting.

No comments: