Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Bread for the Stardust Pilgrims"

My third book of poems is at the printers's. This is the title. The first poem is called "I am from California" (see below). I am very excited to have the new book coming out. If you want one, send me $8.00 (includes shipping and handling) to the address posted here. If you want it inscribed, please let me know. I feel like this was the best gift I was supposed to exercise in my life, and I have managed to put these poems into books, and now here comes the third book! It feels like blowing kisses to God!
It is very hard to find a market for poems. So I finally realized that instead of spending a small fortune entering contests, and sending poems "cold turkey" to small literary magazines, in the hopes of having them accepted for publication, I should just produce the books. As it turns out, several small presses have accepted poems for publication, and I am grateful that my "babies" have moved out into a life of their own-- and in such very fine company! The first publication that accepted my work was the Nimrod Journal from Oklahoma. I believe the most elegant is called Chrysalis. The one I was delighted to be accepted by for this year is called Bitter Oleander. My work has also appeared in The Bilingual Review, The Griffin, The Healing Muse, The Meridian Anthology of Contemporary Poetry, North Dakota Quarterly, Phoebe, The Pikeville Review, Westview, Wisconsin Review, and Zillah, a Poetry Journal. Last week I got an acceptance from the Minnetonka Review. So it is a nice thing to have blown these dandelion seeds to the winds, and I hope the poems live beyond me!
I also am going to have the "Rose Windows in the Cathedral of Mary" printed this year. So there will be four books in print. I will still honor the offer I made when I started this blog, that if you buy 3 books for $24.00, you get the fourth book for free. I do hope that people will take comfort in them, and enjoy them as a sort of bread, made for pilgrims made of stardust in this amazing universe!

No comments: