Friday, May 18, 2012

Rain & prayers

Raining--- it held off most of the day-- for which I am grateful. The sky had lowering clouds of thunderheads the last 20 k. Unfortunately, I sent the pack onward, and the poncho in it. At the last 5k place , there was a bus stop-- so I decided to take the bus the last bit, as everything is hurting and I was so tired , and it started sprinkling. Then the Albergue turned out to be full. I frantically tried to call Andy, but it didn't go through. So I waited til he got in, then we got through by phone to the other place down the hill, which saved two spots for us. I put the Poncho on for the walk back. This place is nicer, quieter and the room we got is next to a lovely chapel. I cried with relief! The registrar said that we need to develop discernment. I told him it is the chief virtue in the exercises of St. Ignatius. After I lie down and say a few more prayers of thanksgiving, we will go to dinner . The castle and cathedral in Astorga look lovely, and there is a chocolate factory here. Tomorrow is the tough ascent to Rabanal, and next Mount Irago with the Cruz de Ferro. Today as we walked I held my blue and red heart-shaped stones, and the fossil stone from Jim. I have kept them in my pocket every day-- thinking of people I Love and am praying for. Today we got wi- fi in a place at Orbigo--- we got real orange juice there too! I was able to talk to Sebastian for the first time--- but it was ungodly early am (3:00) there. It is hard to get a long/strong signal.

No comments: